Privacy and Security
The TCICC is committed to ensuring that your privacy and personal information is protected, and we take great care in how we manage our cadets’ and instructors’ information. We will only ever ask for the minimum information needed to help us provide safe training and events and we hold this information securely. We will also only ask for the minimum information we need to help you when you apply to join the TCICC as a cadet or as a volunteer
Turks and Caicos Islands Cadet Corps
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
To help us manage the performance of our website we gather:
- Details of your visit to this website, including: pages viewed, time spent on site and individual pages, date and time of visit to the website.
- Details about the device used to visit this website, including: IP address, screen size, type of device, e.g. phone or PC, country location.
If you are applying to become an adult instructor or a cadet we will request some of the following information:
- Full name.
- Your contact details (phone number/s and/or email address).
- Your date of birth, where relevant.
- Your parents’ / guardians’ names (if you are applying to join as a cadet).
- Your parents’ / guardians’ contact details (if you are applying to join as a cadet).
- Demographic information such as home postcode and unit preferences, so we can put you in contact with the relevant TCICC HQ.
- Information on significant disability or mobility issues (if you are applying as an adult).
- Your previous experience with the Cadets or Regular/Reserve Forces, where relevant.
- To provide your closest TCICC HQ with your details so that they can follow this up with you in person.
- To reply to any queries you have raised and to provide you with answers and/or the information you have requested.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Content from other websites
Our website contains links to other websites that you may find of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Sharing of Personal Information
Where necessary, we may share your personal data with the police or other legal authorities where the law requires us to do so.We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share our information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For instructors that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.